BOG & Academic Senate
Board of Governors (BOG)
Your Nipissing University Student Union represents students on the Nipissing University Board of Governors. The President and VP Finance & Administration have a vote on the NU Board of Governors, and the VP Advocacy & Awareness, and VP Student Life sit as official observers.
The Board of Governors is the highest decision-making body of the University that does not involve Academic programs. Decisions that are made at this Board involve tuition, ancillary fees, honorary degrees, capital assets, financial statements, and so on. All NUSU Executives work hard to ensure that students are considered in every decision that is made and that student voices are heard.
For any questions concerning the BOG, contact [email protected]
Click these links to find out more information about the Board of Governors:
- Governing Officers of the Board of Governors
- Board of Governors Committees
- Board of Governors Minutes
- By-Laws, Board of Governors
- Meeting Dates
- Nipissing University Act
- Board Approved Policies
- The Nipissing University Act (1992)
The Academic Senate is involved in academic programming decisions, as well as a number of administrative and enrolment related areas. There are seven student senators that have a vote on the Academic Senate:
- NUSU President (Chief Student Senator) – Hannah Mackie
[email protected] (voting)
- NUSU VP Advocacy & Awareness- Mykayla King [email protected] (voting)
- NUSU VP Finance & Administration- Ward Loveday [email protected] (voting)
- Arts & Science Student Senator- Charlotte Foster
- Education & Professional Studies Student Senator- Sarah Pecoskie-Schweir
- Graduate Studies Senator- Vacant Position
These Senators represent the interests and welfare of the students at Nipissing University by providing a student perspective, opinion and vote on numerous Senate subcommittees and Senate itself.
For more information on how to get involved in Student Senate, contact Hannah Mackie at [email protected]