As a student-led organization, our mission is to effectively represent and to act in the best interest of all Nipissing University students. We strive to promote academic excellence and social growth through various programming and advocacy in an environment of acceptance, inclusivity, and transparency.
The Nipissing University Student Union’s vision is to actively improve all aspects of our services, events, campaigns, and programs. NUSU is committed to providing a positive student experience through the core values and representation.
(Mission and Vision Statements approved by the Board of Directors February 1, 2019)
Governing Documents are the framework and structure of your Student Union. These are the ‘laws’ that the Student Union must adhere to remain accountable and transparent to the membership.
Annual General Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting will be taking place on October 1st, 2020. This will be available for all of our students to watch via Zoom. Students will receive an email to their student accounts with further details of how to join.
These by-laws were ratified at the October 1st, 2015 Annual General Meeting.
NUSU By-Laws (Updated)
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact the NUSU President at [email protected]
- Board of Directors Policy (Dec. 22, 2017)
- Clubs Policy (September 9, 2019)
- Code of Conduct Policy (July 2019)
- Company Vehicle Operating Policy (July 26, 2016)
- Conference Policy (Aug. 23 2016).docx
- E-Commerce Policy (July 6 2016)
- Elections Policy
- Employee Conduct Policy (Mar. 3 2016)
- Food Bank Policy (Nov. 18 2016)
- Hours of Operation Policy (Mar. 3 2016)
- Medical Leave (Nov. 18 2016)
- Overtime Policy (Mar. 3 2017)
- Professional Development Policy (Dec. 2 2019)
- Sexual Violence Intervention and Response Policy (Dec. 7 2016)
- Student Health Plan Policy
- Time-in-Lieu Procedure Policy
- Vacation Policy (Nov. 18 2016)
NUSU is a not-for-profit organization funded by a portion of tuition payments from students, referred to as Ancillary Fees.
NUSU utilizes these fees in order to subsidize and fund our programs and services including: student programming, events, Frosh Week, Student Handbook and campaign-related activities throughout the course of the Academic Year. See detailed breakdown of the Ancillary Fees.
The Ancillary Fee FAQs and Descriptions page describes categories of permitted ancillary fees, including fees for student services provided by the University, services provided by the Nipissing University Student Union (NUSU), specific and limited projects (normally capital projects), and system wide fees (e.g., fees established through a formal agreement for all Ontario universities such as the University Health Insurance Plan).
If you have any other financial questions please direct them to Treasurer and VP Finance at [email protected].
Audited Financial Statements
- 2020-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2019-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2018-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2017-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2016-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2015-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2014-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2013-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2012-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2011-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements
- 2010-04-30 NUSU Audited Financial Statements