First Year Students
Welcome to Nipissing University. We, as the Nipissing University Student Union, love meeting our new students. We are located in F205.
You are automatically a part of the Nipissing University Student Union as you pay ancillary fees. You are also a part of the Laker family.
Below are links that will help you get ready for university this summer or help you throughout the first year.
See how to contact all the executives and staff of NUSU.
If you have questions about anything, even if we do not know the answer, we will find the answer for you. Email Sarah at [email protected] Also, feel free to call (705) 474 3450 x 4801.
One of the greatest times of your university career will be participating in Frosh Week. If you want to buy a Frosh Ticket please go to store.nusu.com. You can pay online (store.nusu.com), or in the NUSU office (F205). Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Frosh Week happens from Tuesday, August 28th until Sunday, September 2nd. If you are on a sports team please contact [email protected] before purchasing a Frosh Kit.
Frosh Week Schedule
Make sure that you have scheduled an Academic Advising appointment, or spoken to them during NSO, to sort out your academic schedule. It is important to speak with Academic Advising throughout your university career to make sure you are on track with your academic goals.
Fall Tuition Fees Due: September 7th 2018
Residence Fall Fees Due: September 7th, 2018
Winter Tuition Fees Due: January 11th, 2019
Residence Winter Fees Due: January 11th, 2019
Submit your OSAP application and supporting documents by August 1st. Not sure how to do it? Check it out here.
Get Your Parking Pass (If Required)
If you are fortunate enough to have a car then a parking pass is required for both at the university and at residence. You can find out all the information here: Canadore/Nipissing Parking
Remember that a bus pass is part of the ancillary fees you pay. With your student card you can get on any bus in the city whenever buses are running.
Get A Locker Tag (F216)
If you would like a locker for the 2017/2018 year go to the Finance Office to buy one. You must have this in order to keep your books, gym bag or anything else in a locker around the school. Once you have paid you can choose any locker you want. Put your own lock on the locker and lessen the amount you have to carry throughout the year.
Go to the Campus Bookstore and find the list you need for your classes.
Go to “Books” and choose the Fall/Winter term.
Select Your Division: English, Education, Fine Arts, Criminology etc.
Make sure that you have the right course number. If you have any questions contact [email protected]
Check The Orientation Schedules For This Fall
And these ones:
- Accessibility Transition Program
- Mature & Transfer Student Orientation
- International Orientation
- Consent Crew Involvement Schedule
If you are moving into residence it’s good for you to find out what to bring. Residence Move In is Saturday, August 25th.
Move-In 2018 has all the information you need to help you with your questions.
Our website hosts a number of pages to help you keep informed about what is happening in NUSU, Nipissing University and the North Bay Community. Contact Sarah McGowan at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Contact NUSU Executives
- Contact NUSU Staff
- Apply For Scholarships & Bursaries
- Academic Advocacy
– If you would like to appeal a grade, defend against a charge of academic dishonesty, file a complaint against a professor or university staff member, or deal with other grievances then please email [email protected]
- Run In An Election To Be A NUSU Director-at-Large
- Run In An Election To Be An Nipissing University Academic Senator
- Find Out Who Your Frosh Leaders Are
- Gear Up For Shinerama
- Get Involved In Clubs On Campus!
– Join us in Clubs Week to join clubs or create a club. Email Nicolai at [email protected] for more details.
- Join The NUSU Cares Committee
– Email Xander at [email protected] for more details
- Join The NUSU Crew
– Email Nicolai at [email protected] for more details
- Volunteer In The Community And On Campus
- Get A Job On Campus Or In The Community
- Find Information About Health & Dental Plan
– If you are wanting to opt out of the health plan please make sure to do so by the deadline
- Food Bank
– If you ever need to use the food bank feel free to stop by the NUSU Office (F205). All you need is your student card.