NUlistens is a Nipissing University program that informs Students that we care about their well-being. It invites students to seek out supportive helpers, and trained listeners. You can visit nipissingu.ca/nulistens
NUlistens events provide opportunities for campus wide dialogue about positive mental health, safety and wellness.
NUlisteners aim to help ensure students receive the appropriate supports.
You can identify faculty and staff who have been trained to respond and refer you to resources by an NUlistens sign in their work-space.
Who are listeners?
Caring Nipissing University Faculty and Staff
What is their role?
- Listen to students reaching out for support
- Help make referrals to services
How to become an NUlistener?
Faculty and Staff who are interested in learning more about becoming an NUlistener can contact us at [email protected] for the training materials.
To find out more information about the Nipissing University Student Counselling Services please click here
If you are in immediate danger or a life-threatening situation, CALL 911
- Nipissing University Campus Security: 705-474-3450 Ext. 5555 or 24-hours at 705-498-7244
- North Bay Regional Health Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-352-1141 or 705-495-8198
- Amelia Rising Crisis Line: 705-476-3355
- Nipissing Transition House Crisis Line: 705-476-2429
- Ojibway Family Resource Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-387-2465
- Good2Talk (Postsecondary Student Helpline): 1-866-925-5454
- Victim Support Line: 1-888-579-2888
- Mental Health Helpline (Health Services Information): 1-866-531-2600
- Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse: 1-866-887-0015
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 1-866-863-0511
- Talk4Healing (Aboriginal Women’s Helpline): 1-855-554-HEAL (4325)