Nipissing University cares about students and their success. We aim to recognize students who are in distress and ensure they receive the proper support.
NUListens is a Nipissing University Program that informs students that we care about their wellbeing, invites students to seek out supportive helpers, and provides opportunities for campus wide dialogue about mental health and wellness issues.
Students are able to identify faculty and staff who are participating in the NUListens program by an NUListens sign in their workspace. These individuals are willing to listen to student concerns, are knowledgeable about resources available, and can help students connect to professional assistance.
Student mental health is important. We are here to listen.
To find out more information about the Nipissing University Student Counselling Services please click here
Please note that all external links and resources posted on the nuperspective website, nulistens website or the nuperspective/nulistens pages on nusu.com are not meant to replace face-to-face consultation with or diagnoses by qualified professionals, nor are they meant to be “on-line counselling.” The listing of external sites does not imply that Nipissing University or its staff endorse all of the information located there. We cannot guarantee that all information on each site is accurate or complete. The resources and guidelines offered on this site are suggestions only, and do not substitute for consultation with a qualified Mental Health or Medical Professional.
By using these external links, you must agree to not hold the websites themselves, their staff or partners, or Nipissing University staff liable, or make any claims of damages of any kind, including claims of damages based on action taken by you related to the information contained on the respective websites.
Your use of these websites constitutes your agreement to the above terms.
- Nipissing University Campus Security: 705-474-3450 Ext. 5555 or 24-hours at 705-498-7244
- North Bay Regional Health Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-352-1141 or 705-495-8198
- Amelia Rising Crisis Line: 705-476-3355
- Nipissing Transition House Crisis Line: 705-476-2429
- Ojibway Family Resource Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-387-2465
- Good2Talk (Postsecondary Student Helpline): 1-866-925-5454
- Victim Support Line: 1-888-579-2888
- Mental Health Helpline (Health Services Information): 1-866-531-2600
- Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse: 1-866-887-0015
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 1-866-863-0511
- Talk4Healing (Aboriginal Women’s Helpline): 1-855-554-HEAL (4325)