International Student Support Services and Programs serves all of Nipissing University students, including international degree and exchange students, by providing support services and programs to assist in intercultural development and integration, fostering global citizenship, and providing opportunities to study abroad and/or internationalize your degree at home.
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm/ 8:30am-4pm (May-August)
Phone: (705) 474 3450 ext. 4321
Email: [email protected]
Internationalizing Your Degree Abroad
- Immerse yourself in a new culture and spend a year or semester studying at one of our partner schools
- Take your teaching skills abroad and hone them in an international context by participating in the International BEd Practica
- Expand your international perspective by participating in a conference and/or training opportunity
- Give back globally by volunteering with one of our partner organizations
- Gain invaluable international work experience through internship opportunities
- Research and study in a culturally different context with our study tours and research opportunities
Internationalizing Your Degree At Home
Get to know a different culture first hand by working with a network of NU students who volunteer their time to help our international students adjust to life in Canada and at NU. Providing international students with a network of peer-support, opportunities to explore our city and province, and assisting in their campus integration, it is our student mentors that truly shape the experience of our students. Join the International Study Mentorship Program and help our international students feel right where they belong at NU.
Work with a group of internationally minded individuals both on-campus and across Canada who believe that “Education Changes The World”, and have a passion to give back globally. For more information visit http://wusc.ca/
Study at NU
International students who study at NU are provided with a very unique experience. Our office is here to help you every step of the way, from providing post-arrival support including; housing assistance, airport pick-ups and orientation programming to ongoing support through our mentorship program, international student advising services, health insurance administration, and continued cultural integration