We assist you in exploring your academic opportunities (and addressing academic difficulties) in order to foster your individual potential towards a rewarding and successful academic experience. Undergraduate students who wish to plan their programs or who need advice on any academic matter should consult an Academic Advisor.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Developing an academic plan for your undergraduate studies;
- Verifying that you are satisfying your degree and program requirements;
- Exploring the requirements for an Honours Specialization, Specialization, Major, Minor, stream, Concurrent Education, etc.
- Getting help exploring adjustments to your course schedule;
- Receiving approval to take courses from another Canadian university or for course overloads;
- Discussing potential transfer credits for courses taken on international exchange;
Drop-in hours are every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10am and 12pm.
Students are asked to sign-in no earlier than 9:30am on the drop-in date in room A207. Each session during the drop-in hours is for a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis with the Academic Advisor assigned for that day.
Because drop-in hours are limited to a fifteen (15) minute discussion, the advisor will only advise to one (1) question at the drop-in session. Students should only utilize drop-in advising when they have a quick question and not for long-range program planning or multiple academic questions.
To ensure that you get the most from your academic appointment you should prepare by reviewing the sections of the academic calendar that pertain to your degree and program (your major and/or minor) requirements and then make a list of any questions and/or concerns that you want to discuss with an advisor.
The Academic Advising office now has drop-in hours available every Thursday afternoon for students registered in a program offered by distance only. Students can sign up for the drop-in hours every Thursday morning between 9-11am through the WebAdvisor Main Menu, under Communications.
Visit our website at: www.nipissingu.ca/advising
Give us a call at: (705) 474-3450 x.4358
Come see us in Room A207